Today we offer the topic: “coho salmon what kind of fish is this” from professional fishermen. We tried to reveal the topic as fully as possible. You can ask all questions in the comments after the article.
Description of Red Fish coho salmon with photo. What kind of fish and how to choose
Coho salmon is a rare fish and few of the anglers were lucky enough to hunt for it. Coho salmon, a photo and description of which can be found below, will remain an irresistible dream for most fishing enthusiasts, living somewhere at the end of the world. But this does not mean at all that one should hang up and stop hoping to meet with her.
Some anglers leave their homes and go to the Pacific coast to catch this rare and surprisingly tasty fish for their own pleasure. And photographs with trophy specimens of coho salmon will become a real decoration of any fishing collection.
Coho salmon belongs to the salmon family, occupying not the last place in it, since it differs from its counterparts in higher taste and is a real storehouse of elements useful for the human body contained in it. Coho salmon is a sea fish. Its habitat is the Pacific Ocean and the seas and lakes associated with it.
Coho salmon begin to spawn when he turns three or four years old. During this period of time, which lasts from September to March, it leaves its habitual habitats in the seas and goes to the upper reaches of the rivers flowing into them. Females feed extremely rarely during spawning, preferring to conserve strength for the eggs. This is interesting: Recipe for salting pink salmon caviar
Red caviar! Like most salmon, coho salmon are prized not only for their high-calorie red meat, but also for caviar. The price of red caviar of coho salmon can vary from four to eight thousand per kilogram, depending on the region. True, coho salmon caviar has a slight bitterness, which is absent in caviar of other salmon species. But it is much more nutritious and healthier than caviar of the same chum salmon, chinook salmon or pink salmon. Coho salmon caviar is less high-calorie, which makes it especially in demand in the diet of people adhering to certain diets.
Where does Coho Salmon live
Coho salmon lives not only in the North Pacific Ocean. There is a special type of this salmon fish that is grown on artificial farms in Chile. The local coho salmon is relatively small in size and low in fat, but thanks to the accelerated breeding cycle, it quickly reaches the required commercial size.
Domestic coho salmon rarely grows more than a meter long and weighs more than seven kilograms. While its North American counterparts grow on average about one and a half meters long and weigh more than ten kilograms.
Depending on the region, the price for 1 kilogram of coho fish can jump from 400 to 800 . It also depends on the form in which this species is sold – fresh,
On average, the price for coho salmon adheres to the following amounts:
- for 1 kilogram of fish – 400-600 ;
- for 1 kilogram of fillet and steak – 700-800 ;
- for store packaging in slices weighing about 120 grams – 200-300 ;
- smoked coho salmon (hot or cold smoked) – about 2,000 per kilogram;
- salted coho salmon – 1500-2500 per kilogram.
You can buy coho salmon in the following places:
- Specialized fish stores (raw, salted or smoked);
- Restaurants (for those who like to taste delicious coho salmon dishes made from high quality and fresh products);
- In the markets (most often they sell frozen fish here, although, as an exception, sometimes you can buy it chilled);
- Supermarkets and large chain stores (frozen carcasses and steaks sold prepackaged and eviscerated in plastic bags).
Naturally, where coho salmon live and are caught, the price of it and its caviar can be an order of magnitude lower. In addition, the fish itself will be much fresher and of better quality there than in other regions of the country.
When purchasing fish coho salmon from market counters or in stores, you must rely on a number of generally accepted rules, ignoring which you can bring home low-quality goods:
- the scales of fresh fish should be shiny and adhere tightly to the carcass;
- the colour of fresh fish is light pink, and the longer it has been stored, the lighter the shade will be;
- the carcass of the fish should not be damaged, have any spots, wounds or bruises;
- chilled fish should be sold from ice, not from the freezer;
- when you press on the body of the fish, it should not deform, but after a while must take its previous shape;
- fish eyes should not be cloudy;
- fresh fish will be slightly damp;
- after defrosting, the fillet should not be too watery, otherwise, it has been frozen several times.
Coho salmon is one of the best fish in the gastronomic sense. It has a tender, low-calorie meat with a small amount of bones, which allows you to prepare a huge number of dishes from it – from simple frying to exquisite sushi and fish delicacies. Due to the fact that 100 grams of coho salmon contains only 140 kilocalories, the meat of this fish is recommended to be included in the menu for diabetics and people suffering from excess weight.
Regular consumption of coho fish meat helps to strengthen teeth and bones, increases the level of hemoglobin in the blood, reduces the risk of cardiovascular diseases, strengthens general immunity and improves the nervous system. There is no harm to the body from coho salmon. Unless it is contraindicated for people with intolerance to seafood and fish, as well as people with liver and stomach diseases.
For cooking, you only need coho salmon and salt.
A quick recipe for salting red caviar.
This is a recipe for cooking coho fish, baked in the oven for the lazy. Cooking is very simple and fast.
Coho salmon fish: benefits and harms, step by step recipes for delicious dishes
The benefits of seafood have been known for a long time, which is why fishing for various types of fish is deservedly popular. But even not all honored fishermen know what kind of fish is coho salmon, where it is found, what dishes can be prepared from this inhabitant of reservoirs. Let’s get to know her better.
Coho salmon is a large red fish, representative of the Salmon, whose scales have a beautiful silvery tint. The weight of an inhabitant of the Pacific depths can exceed 15 kg, the length is just under a meter. Differs in tasty and healthy meat.
Another name for coho salmon is silver salmon.
Its distinctive features are as follows:
- an impressive head;
- broad forehead;
- small tail.
It is with these features that it differs from other representatives of the salmon family. Because of the color of the scales, the inhabitants of Ancient Russia called the coho salmon a white fish.
Spawning begins in coho salmon upon reaching 3 years of age, and takes a long period from September to March of the next year. During the spawning period, the females practically do not feed, and also change their color to dark crimson.
The food is insects, larvae, fry and eggs of smaller fish. This predator often eats insects that have accidentally fallen into the water. Once in the ocean, it begins to eat crustaceans and squid.
Considering what kind of fish is coho salmon, it is worth finding out where it lives. The natural range is located in the northern seas of the Pacific Ocean (from California to Alaska), there are a lot of this valuable commercial fish in Kamchatka, it is also found on Sakhalin. North American individuals are considered to be real giants of weight and length, others are inferior to them.
Single specimens are found in the rivers of Primorye, Amur and North Hokkaido, in the lakes of the Magadan region. In Chile, there are special farms where coho salmon are grown for sale, thanks to which the fish got into the rivers. The number of this type of salmon in the world is small, which makes it so valuable.
This unique fish is also loved due to its tender meat, which is considered the best of the red ones in terms of taste. In addition, it is rich in vitamins (A, E, B3, PP, C) and minerals (calcium, nickel, phosphorus, iron, magnesium, fluorine, iodine). There are a lot of saturated fatty acids in meat, in particular – Omega-3.
The calorie content of coho salmon is low – only 140 kcal per 100 g of product.
- chicken has 190 kcal;
- beef – 187 kcal;
- halibut – 142 kcal;
- salmon – 140 kcal.
With its nutritional value, coho salmon will not cause the appearance of extra pounds, so it can be safely used in dietary nutrition. The amount of fat in 100 g of fillet is only 6 g, while proteins are 21.5 g.
Coho salmon is not only tasty, but also healthy salmon, from which you can prepare a wide variety of dishes.
What is its use:
- strengthens bones and teeth well;
- is the most powerful prevention of cardiovascular diseases;
- increases hemoglobin;
- improves the body’s resistance to viral and colds;
- favorably affects the state of the nervous system, helps to cope with the problems of insomnia and depression;
- allows you to avoid osteochondrosis, arthritis, atherosclerosis, numerous diseases of the spine and joints.
Eating red fish coho salmon is also useful for children, it will have a good effect on the condition of their fragile bones and slightly improve their eyesight. In small quantities, separate dishes are shown to pregnant and lactating women, they will be useful for both mother and baby.
It is important to consider not only the benefits, but also the harms of silver salmon. In general, fish cannot be harmful if consumed in moderation and properly cooked.
However, the following contraindications should be highlighted:
- individual intolerance to seafood or protein;
- certain diseases of the stomach (ulcers, gastritis). The meat contains coarse fibers that can damage the patient;
- kidney pathology.
If after the first test there is a rash, itching, pain, then these are manifestations of an allergic reaction, you will have to refuse the fish and consult a medical specialist.
Eating coho salmon dishes should be done carefully and in small quantities during pregnancy.
It is necessary to introduce meat into the diet of a nursing mother gradually, observing the baby’s reaction.
Thanks to its healthy composition and impeccable taste, coho salmon are always a welcome guest in any kitchen, especially since you can cook a lot of dishes from it without having any special cooking talents. Another advantage of the tender, beautiful fillet is the almost complete absence of bones.
Here are some tips to help you avoid making a mistake when buying and purchasing a really high-quality fresh product – ideal raw materials for culinary experiments.
- The scales are even, shiny, without spots and smudges. It is important that it does not separate from the body.
- By pressing your finger on the body, you can see that after a couple of seconds the resulting fossa will completely disappear. If the trace does not disappear, then it is better not to take the fish – it was frozen again.
- Cloudy eyes are a sign of a stale carcass.
- The body should be slightly damp to the touch, but mucus is unacceptable.
These simple recommendations will help you purchase a really high-quality fillet or carcass for preparing an amazing-tasting coho salmon dish.
You can create a real abundance of dishes from silver salmon, for example, bake in foil in various ways, cook fish shashlik, use as a component of an unusual delicious salad, cook a rich fish soup. But in order for everything to work out, you should adhere to the recommendations of the experts.
Check them out:
- Spices are not always good. In the case of red fish, they should be taken to a minimum. Coho salmon goes well with rosemary, garlic and soy sauce. They will set off his taste.
- Breading in breadcrumbs will help to fry beautiful pieces in oil – they will prevent loss of shape. You need to fry no more than 3-5 minutes on each side.
- You do not need to use a marinade with an alcohol content, it will kill the taste. However, when grilling, it is permissible to lightly pour wine over the dish.
- It is recommended to defrost fillets or carcasses in the freshness zone of the refrigerator. Experts point out that it is impossible to cook an incompletely defrosted product, this will greatly affect its quality.
- Microwave for defrosting is not applicable.
These tips will help you not to spoil the dish of expensive and tasty fish, which deserves only the highest ratings in the reviews of those who tried it. And only after tasting it, you can fully understand what kind of fish is coho salmon, what it tastes like.
When comparing coho salmon with sockeye salmon, another representative of the Pacific salmon, the latter should be preferred. Studies have shown that sockeye meat is a way to slow down the aging process, strengthen immunity, while the fat content and calorie content in it is lower than in salmon. However, due to the specific bitter taste and rather impressive price, many people stop at the hero of our material.
Salmon is a more popular fish, many residents have tried it at least once, it has a deliciously tender meat, which is especially good when slightly salted. Only 100 g of the product contains ½ the daily value of protein, while there are practically no carbohydrates. However, experts advise nevertheless to choose coho salmon, since low-quality salmon grown in Norway in an artificial environment often ends up on the shelves.
There are a lot of opportunities for creating culinary masterpieces from juicy red fish. Check out some simple yet delicious recipes.
This is the easiest way to cook coho salmon.
- the fish itself – 500 g;
- ginger root – a piece of about 4 cm;
- soy sauce – 50 ml;
- rice vinegar – 50 ml;
- oil (it is better to take olive) – 20 ml;
- salt – a teaspoon.
- Cooking the marinade. To do this, grate the peeled ginger root, mix with soy sauce and rice vinegar.
- Pre-cleaned, gutted and cut into pieces, the fish is placed in the marinade for an hour. It is better to put the container in the refrigerator for this time.
- Salt the pieces, sprinkle in sesame seeds.
- Place fish in foil.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes at a temperature of 190 °.
A delicious and unusual dish is ready! You can decorate it with lemon slices.
You can add variety to your diet by inviting family members to try coho salmon with cheese and corn grits.
- fillet – about 800 g;
- groats – a glass;
- water – 2 glasses;
- medium-sized onion;
- cream – a glass;
- garlic – 2-3 teeth;
- cheese – 100 g;
- salt, pepper, spices to taste.
The procedure is as follows:
- Preparatory stage. Rinse the groats, peel the fish, gut, rinse, cut into small pieces, salt and pepper. Peel and chop the onion and garlic.
- Placement in the form. First, a layer of cereal is made. Next, pieces of fish are put, then onions and garlic. Sprinkle the dish with spices such as rosemary.
- Adding liquids. Water and cream are poured into the mold.
- Placement in the oven. Temperature regime – 180 °, time – 15-20 minutes.
- Adding cheese . Carefully remove the dish, sprinkle with grated cheese.
- The final stage. The fish is returned to the oven for 20 minutes.
These are the recipes for preparing an amazingly tasty dish that can decorate any festive table. The ingredients can be slightly varied using lemon juice, dill, parsley.
Ukha is loved by many – not only avid anglers, but also everyone who prefers rich aromatic soups. Learn how to cook salmon fish soup.
Advice! To save money, use the head, tail and fins in the soup, and cook the rest of the carcass differently.
- fish (fins, tail, head, fillet can be used) – 1 kg;
- rice – ¼ glass;
- spices, salt, pepper;
- Bay leaf.
Add greens if desired.
The procedure is as follows:
- Prepare all components: clean and rinse the fish, be sure to remove the gills. Peel vegetables, chop coarsely. Rinse the rice.
- Place the fish, one onion, spices, salt in a saucepan, cook for half an hour.
- Chop the second onion finely and fry.
- The broth is ready, you need to strain it, return it to the pan, put it on fire.
- Add potatoes, fried onions, rice, fillet pieces, if any.
- Cook for about 10 more minutes. Add herbs, additional spices.
- Turn off the gas. Cover the pan with a lid and leave for 30 minutes for the ear to brew properly.
After that, you can serve it to the table.
Another way to cook this unique fish is to salt it.
The procedure is as follows:
- Rinse the gutted and cleaned carcass.
- It is very important that the fish is dry, so you need to walk over it several times with paper napkins.
- Cut into pieces, removing large bones.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of sugar, one salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the fillet pieces in a deep container, on the bottom of which a mixture of salt and sugar was previously added. Sprinkle the rest of the mixture on top.
- Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to help keep the meat tender.
- Cover the container with cling film and put in a cool place for 24 hours.
Advice! Rubbing in salt is not required, otherwise there is a risk of oversalting the fish.
In the next video, you can watch another interesting recipe from a delicious Pacific woman.
Real connoisseurs of fish dishes will certainly be pleased with the recipe presented in the next video.
Coho salmon is a member of the salmon family and is an important commercial fishing object. Depending on where she lives, her weight and size depend.
For example, the coho salmon of North American latitudes on average gains weight up to 10 kg and grows in length up to 1 meter, or even more, and the Asian coho salmon has a length of no more than 90 cm. Sometimes you can find specimens weighing up to 14-16 kg.
This fish has a large head and short tail, which greatly distinguishes it from many of its relatives. It is characterized by the presence of scales of a bright silver hue. Due to its color, the fish acquired another name – “silver salmon”. Coho salmon meat has a red color, with a richer taste than, for example, pink salmon meat.
Upon reaching the third year of its life, the coho salmon reaches sexual maturity. The spawning process begins in September and continues right up to March. In this regard, there are three types of coho salmon: autumn, winter and spring. During spawning, the fish generally refuses food. It spawns in areas of the water area where there is a clean, sandy or hard bottom.
Sometimes he spawns in those places where he himself was born. During the spawning period, the fish very much changes its shape: the back darkens, and the scales become crimson, teeth grow, and a hump forms on the back. Females, unlike males, practically do not change their appearance. As soon as the coho spawns, all individuals die.
The fish meat contains a sufficient concentration of nutrients and minerals, without which normal human life is impossible. These are vitamins of group A and B, as well as minerals such as phosphorus, fluorine, potassium and magnesium. The constant use of coho salmon meat has a positive effect on mental activity, the risk of oncological forms of the disease is reduced. The presence of an acid such as omega-3 helps maintain the proper immune system. There are practically no bones in the meat of the coho salmon, which allows children to use it.
Unfortunately, not all categories of people can eat coho meat. If a person suffers from a malfunction of the liver or stomach, then the meat of this fish is not recommended to be consumed. In addition, there are people who suffer from personal intolerance to seafood in general.
Pregnant women need to be very careful about the doses of coho salmon during pregnancy.
The energy value of coho fish meat is measured at 140 kcal per 100 g of meat. Low calorie content makes it a dietary product. It is especially useful for those who have managed to gain excess weight.
When purchasing fish, you should focus on certain points:
- the fish should be fresh, without any spots, damage or bruising;
- in the process of feeling the body, it should not stick;
- when purchasing steaks, you should give preference to those that are on ice;
- if a whole fish carcass is bought, then you need to pay attention to the transparency of the eyes;
- as a rule, when you press on the carcass with your finger, the dent that appears should disappear immediately. If this does not happen, then the fish should not be purchased.
Coho salmon is considered one of the most delicious fish of the salmon family. It is prepared in various restaurants, as well as salads and soups.
There are a lot of recipes for various dishes. The main thing is to have a carcass of fish available, and you can cook a lot of things from it.
To prepare the dish you will need:
- 400 g coho salmon;
- 2 pcs. sweet pepper;
- 2 pieces of carrots;
- 3 pcs. tomatoes;
- 1 PC. onions;
- 3 pcs. a chive of garlic;
- 1 PC. zucchini;
- 1 PC. eggplant;
- 3 tbsp. spoons of soy sauce;
- 2 tbsp. tablespoons of vegetable oil;
- 2 tbsp. sour cream spoons;
- 1 tbsp. a spoonful of vinegar;
- 2 teaspoons of mustard;
- 40 g of greens;
- salt and spices taste.
The energy value of the dish is 140 kcal per 100 g of the finished product.
The dish is prepared as follows:
The fish is cut into small pieces and marinated in soy sauce and mustard. Then they take a frying pan and fry the chopped garlic, onions and carrots in it, after which the diced courgette and soy sauce are added. They also add: chopped eggplants, tomatoes and bell peppers. The mixture should be simmered for about 10 minutes.
After readiness, the ingredients are distributed in a frying pan so that there is a small depression in the center of the frying pan, where the pickled fish is laid out. Sour cream and finely chopped greens are added to the dish. The pan is covered with a lid and its contents are stewed for 30 minutes.
To do this, you need to prepare:
- coho salmon meat – 600 g;
- onions – 3 pcs.;
- hard cheese – 100 g;
- lemon – 1 pc.;
- vegetable oil – 3 tbsp. spoons;
- pepper and salt taste.
The calorie content of the prepared dish is 200 kcal per 100 g of product.
The cooking method is as follows:
First, fry the onions and place in a baking dish. On top, onion, fish meat is laid out, cut into portions. Then salt and pepper are added, and a small slice of lemon is placed on each portion of fish. Finally, sprinkle with chopped hard cheese. The dish is baked in the oven for 40-60 minutes at a temperature of 200 degrees.
To do this, you need to prepare:
- coho salmon fillet – 700 g;
- onion – 1 pc .;
- chicken egg – 2 pcs.;
- hard cheese – 100 g;
- mayonnaise – 3 tbsp. spoons;
- starch – 3 tbsp. spoons;
- vegetable oil – 100 g;
- spices and salt to taste.
The calorie content of cutlets is 250 kcal per 100 g of weight.
The fillet is cut into small pieces and chopped onion and mayonnaise are added to them. Everything is thoroughly mixed and placed in the refrigerator for 1.5-2 hours. Add eggs, salt and spices, grated cheese and starch to this product, and then mix everything gently. Cutlets are laid out in a preheated pan and fried until golden brown.
What you need:
- water – 1 l;
- coho meat – 250 g;
- milk – 1 l;
- potatoes – 400 g;
- pine nuts – 2 tbsp. spoons;
- garlic – 1 clove;
- pepper, salt and herbs to taste.
The calorie content of the soup is 110 kcal per 100 g of product.
How to cook:
Bring the water to a boil, cut the potatoes into cubes and pour into boiled water, then cook the potatoes until they are not fully cooked. After that, pour milk, pieces of fish, pepper and salt into the container. The dish is being cooked completely. Pine nuts, garlic and herbs fried before are added to the finished dish, after which it is covered with a lid and kept for several minutes.
In order for the final product to really taste, there are a few things to consider:
- frozen fish must be defrosted using a specific technology. The defrosting process should only be natural and it should not be forced in any case, especially the use of a microwave;
- fish meat is fried only after it is rolled in a mixture of flour and salt. Pieces of fish are placed only in a heated pan. Fish is fried no more than 3-5 minutes;
- if fish is grilled, it is recommended to pour wine over it. Despite the fact that the taste will change, it will change for the better;
- the main additives that cannot spoil fish meat are soy sauce, garlic and various herbs.
Coho salmon is characterized by the presence of a number of vitamins, such as:
- vitamins P and PP;
- vitamin A;
- vitamin E;
- vitamin B3;
- vitamin C;
- vitamin B2.
In addition to vitamins, fish meat contains a certain set of minerals, such as:
This fish is caught in various ways, but spinning fishing is considered the most affordable and effective. This is not counting fishing on an industrial scale. Some anglers have mastered fly fishing and use it very effectively. Unfortunately, fly fishing really needs to be mastered, unlike spinning fishing, where everything is much easier. Most fishermen have a lot of fun catching this tasty fish, as the coho salmon can seriously resist. Therefore, catching this fish is the pinnacle of pleasure for any fisherman.
Coho salmon bite exclusively in the daytime. As a rule, this fish prefers ponds with clear water. You can catch it both from the shore and from a boat. Although, in the presence of a rapid current, it is problematic to use a boat.
A huge amount of it is found in Kamchatka, namely in the rivers of this region. The Asian coast is considered to be no less numerous. Its habitat is spread from the Anadyr River to the rivers flowing into the Sea of Okhotsk, located in the northwest. In addition, coho salmon is found in the area of Sakhalin and Hokkaido islands. It is also found in the interval between California and Kamchatka, which is an integral part of the Pacific Ocean.
- Coho salmon is considered a very tasty fish, and is not inferior in taste to either salmon or trout. Delicious pies are prepared from this fish.
- As a rule, the most delicious rolls are obtained from coho salmon.
- Outwardly, it can be confused with salmon, but it is advisable not to buy this fish with a very bright color, since the meat may not be very elastic.
- Coho salmon is especially tasty when salted, as it has a fairly juicy meat. Most dishes can be prepared in no time at all.
- Coho salmon meat is low in calories, therefore it is recommended by nutritionists for people who are overweight.
Seafood is not only delicious but also very healthy. In this connection, they are recommended for everyday use of any category of citizens. Coho salmon, which has a beneficial effect on the human body, belongs to such obligatory seafood. It must be consumed by both healthy citizens and people suffering from a violation of the vital functions of the body.
People began to eat fish frequently during Soviet times. At that time, residents of the European part of the country most often bought pollock or hake. This is due to the low cost of these species. The inhabitants of Siberia and the Far East could afford pink salmon, chum salmon or coho salmon. All these species belong to the salmon family. Today, residents of a European country often buy coho fish. Where this fish lives and what is useful, people learned from the school course in biology.
Coho salmon lives in many seas of the Pacific Ocean. It can be found along most of the North American coast. Fishing is actively carried out in the Sea of Japan and the Sea of Okhotsk. However, there are limits on the catch of this species. This is due to a decrease in the number of individuals due to poaching. Now licenses are issued, but fishing is limited to certain quotas. The species is considered quite expensive, so poachers try to catch it illegally.
Fishermen know that it is quite easy to distinguish coho salmon from other species. Individuals are characterized by an elongated body, short tail and rather large head. In addition, coho salmon can be distinguished by their beautiful silvery scales. The size of an individual is highly dependent on where it lives. So, on the North American coast, the average length of the caught individuals is one meter. The weight of such fish can reach fourteen kilograms. The coho salmon reaches a length of 70-90 centimetres. The average weight of a caught individual does not exceed five kilograms. As a rule, the life expectancy of representatives of this species does not exceed 5 years.
The spawning period in individuals begins in the third year of life. During this period, males change very much in appearance. They have a hump on their backs, and the back is painted in a bright crimson color. The appearance of females of this species practically does not change. The individual chooses for spawning the places where it itself was born. That is why schools of fish have to travel 600 kilometers to reach fresh rivers. For spawning, females choose quiet and calm places with a smooth bottom. They dig special holes in which eggs are buried. It is known that after spawning, all individuals die.
The popularity of red fish coho salmon is due to its beneficial properties. Scientists claim that people who regularly consume coho salmon in food will significantly improve their health, including:
- the level of hemoglobin in the blood will increase;
- lower cholesterol levels;
- general immunity will improve;
- bones will become stronger.
In addition, many scientists note that the inclusion of coho salmon in the diet can be considered as a prevention of cardiovascular diseases. Coho salmon contains a lot of protein in its composition, so it can be recommended to people who regularly play sports.
100 grams of fish contains 21 grams of protein and 6 grams of fat. It is worth remembering that coho salmon has a rather low calorie content, since it does not exceed 140 calories per 100 grams of product. Accordingly, people planning to lose weight often include coho fish in their diet. The benefits and harms were discussed by nutritionists, who came to the conclusion that pregnant women and the elderly should not eat this fish in large quantities. This is due to the fact that it contains cholesterol. In addition, coho salmon should be for people with liver disease.
Many housewives say that choosing quality coho fish is not as easy as it seems. This is due to the fact that frozen fish is most often presented in stores. It is imperative to check the expiration date of the product. In addition, housewives pay attention to the color of the scales. It should be silvery in color with no damage or dark spots. When choosing fillets, check the thickness of the ice glaze. If its thickness is more than 2 millimeters, then it is better to refuse to purchase.
Experienced chefs know that many healthy and tasty dishes can be prepared from coho salmon. For people planning to reduce their weight, it is best to bake it in the oven or steam it without adding complex oil sauces. If the hostess wants to surprise the guests, then she buys coho salmon in the store. How to cook this fish, women will learn from recipe magazines. The easiest way is to simply salt the fish. For salting, you need to purchase:
It is necessary to separate the fillets from the bones and cut into large slices. Next, you need to chop the dill and mix it with salt and spices. Roll the pieces of fish in this mixture and place in a glass container. Then you need to sprinkle the fish with lemon juice and refrigerate. The dish will be ready to eat in a day.
Coho salmon baked with cheese in the oven is also very popular among housewives. To prepare this dish, you should buy coho salmon steaks, sour cream and herbs. You will also need salt and spices. The fish should be rinsed well and dried with paper towels. Then the pieces need to be salted and put on a baking sheet. Mix sour cream with herbs and pour this mixture over the fish. It is worth baking the fish for twenty minutes.
Thank You! for reading this Tutorial. Have a nice day!🎣